Booster pressure Regulator?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So currently I'm using high pressure banked air as drive gas. Banked air to regular cylinder, to H valve to 1st stage, to drive the booster.

So I need to go from 3000-3500 psi to 150, what u guys got for me?
Most folks use a scuba regulator.

Why not buy a reducing regulator. It's exactly what they're made for.

So I'm doing what most people do? Or is there another way to use a 1st stage direct to the booster. I also use the 1st stage to run off my doubles to fill offsite.

And so my original question, suggestion for a reducing regulator, name? Model? 4000psi ish to 100-150.

Ah yeah, so my original question, reasonably priced?
I guess if I could buy a Home Depot air compressor for $200 or a regulator for $450, I’d buy a little shop compressor and a spare. What size booster do you have?

Ah, ok, the picture is becoming more clear.

Based on the cost of a reducing regulator like those already listed, I’d buy a cheap pancake compressor instead and just be wary of the duty cycle. I’m not familiar with a cheap alternative.

High pressure bank would imply a static location, not necessarily dragging a K bottle into the jungle, so I would go with the easy answer instead and just buy a cheap shop compressor.

My booster certainly needs more compressor than that. I use a large shop compressor and something to clean the oil and air from its output. It provides 11 cfm at 150 IIRC duty cycle is certainly an issue.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom