Suggestion Book reviews and suggestions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
Nomaster

Nomaster

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
SonicValley posted a thread requesting a recommendation for a SCUBA book to read during his convalescence from knee surgery.
Since I was interested in discovering what books members would recommend, I did a quick search and the words 'book reviews' resulted in 139 hits, the word book resulted in 500 hits. That's a lot of threads to sort through for a book and it's a lot of threads which show interest in the subject of books.

The suggestion:
I suggest that we have a forum for book reviews (or literature reviews) and within that forum there could be various specific sub headings including; fiction, basic texts, wrecks, caves, equipment, magazines, articles, and others.
If the forum were entitled Literature Reviews, or a more inclusive title, it could include reviews of general dive information sites as well. I believe all of this information would be useful to everyone on the board and might even be a good draw for some new membership.

Nomaster,
ScubaBoard is actually growing from just a forum into a large Scuba Diving portal. As a part of our growth we are looking for articles on everything from basic training to equipment (or book) reviews and just about anything else scuba. I like the idea of a literature forums and it might do well to feed into our new article systems so I will certainly bring it up with NetDoc and see if we can't make it happen! Thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom