Boo for Zipzoomfly

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alcina

Missing Diva.
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Well, unfortunately I couldn't add another kudos thread.

I tried to order a housing, a compact and a memory card from Zipzoomfly. Got through the website and it wouldn't accept my card. Called my Dad. He spent 40 minutes trying to get the stupid thing to work, but then it wouldn't allow him to send the goods directly to the recipient - so fine, he had it overnighted to him and he would mess with shipping it on.

Nope.

Monday he received a confirmation of the order. He then tried to ring them to see if we couldn't get around the shipping issue. He tried for two days and never once got through. Finally on Thursday night he did get through (hadn't received the goods even though they were meant to be overnighted). He was then told that the camera was on backorder! GRRRRR!

So he cancelled the camera but kept everything else ordered and did, we think, manage to get them to overnight it directly to my Mom's address as she is flying out on Saturday night. Hopefully it arrives.

Except that NOW I have the memory card and no camera. The camera is for our son so we can finally get some baby photos - they have been using one of those old f*lm cameras with the bulb on top that spins. Didn't know you could find bulbs anymore!

So, now my Mom has to rush around and find a camera as there's no way I can get a camera delivered from somewhere else in time.

And who knows if we will actually see the housing and SD card arrive in time.

Not impressed at all. I will never again attempt to use these guys - I'll stick with companies like buydig.com who have always been excellent.

Have you been taking lessons from me? :D

Sorry your having a bad time of it. I hope all things work out for you.

Sorry to hear about your plight.

May I suggest that you try www.dell.com in the future.

They have coupons that you can find on the web to reduce prices by 35%

And their customer service is super!

I also have problems using my credit card with zipzoomfly.com

So here is a way to get around this little problem.

go to either buy.com or newegg.com

purchase what you want and email or pm customer service and ask for a pricematch.

Good luck

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom