Bonnairetalk for Grand Cayman

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ntmainstrm

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have used "Cozumel My Cozumel", "The Gringo Gazette", "Bonnairetalk" and a few others to find local news about staying or diving but cannot find anything similar for Grand Cayman. Certainly there are local news sites and of course Trip Adviser but I'm wondering if anyone has suggestions especially for forums about CI.
Lee

Trip Adviser is the most active I've found. The Cayman Activity Guide diversteve mentioned does have great info (I am a moderator there). In the past the activity guide was much more commercial (it sells advertising and coupons etc to local businesses in return for discounts for its members) and the owner discouraged too much talking about non-advertisers. It is much more relaxed now, but isn't as active as it once was. I hope being more relaxed now it will get more active once again. Log in and search topics and you'll find info and feel free to post any questions you have.Cheers.

What I've run into (I'm a mod at the aforementioned Morritt's forum) is that forum activity in general has gone down as Facebook became more and more popular. Why would you want to answer questions about a place you're familiar with when you can post videos of the zany antics of cats?

What I've run into (I'm a mod at the aforementioned Morritt's forum) is that forum activity in general has gone down as Facebook became more and more popular. Why would you want to answer questions about a place you're familiar with when you can post videos of the zany antics of cats?

True dat! BonaireTalk is not near as busy as when I joined a few years ago. Too bad. Newcomers to islands lose out on great info.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom