Bonica Snapper

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you haven't already, invest in the close up kit and the external strobe. When using the camera with the Marine lens that should have come with your camera, you will get very good shots in the 4-6 foot range. However, the internal strobe is going to give you a little back scatter even though there is a diffuser. So, use the external strobe to get rid of back scatter. Also, the close up/macro kit will allow you to get perfect shots every time.

There is a trick to keeping your housing from flooding, though. Inspect the seal ever time you close it. Since the housing opens fully, that is pretty simple. Plus, since they use a silicone seal, you don't need to grease it. When you put the back on, use their little rubber latch keeper. While at depth, the housing will be held tightly closed by water pressure, it is possible to pop a latch open while climbing into the boat. The funky rubber strap is a great insurance policy.

Take lots of pictures and show them to as many people as you can.

Just my $.02

RayC

I recently took the camera to a cold water lake thats in our area. The vis was about 20ft. The only pictures that turned out ok were when we were about 3 feet away from each other. I bought the kit and it came up with the close up tool and everything else (except the external strobe). SHould i use the close up tool for every picture? Would the external strobe enhance the quality alot?

3 feet is just about right. Most all the compact camera systems have the preset distance of between 2 and 6 feet. The little close up lens that came with your camera allows you to get in as close as 2 feet. Without it, 4 feet is about it.

If you noticed any little "stars" or what looks like white dust on your pictures, you got "back scatter" which is caused by using the internal strobe. You can really enhance your shots and reduce that back scatter by use of an external strobe.

Keep shooting and make notes on what you do differently and you will amaze yourself in no time.

Just my $.02

Ray

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom