bonica neon strobe w/ pt 010??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Abril

Contributor
Reaction score
I assume you have either Olympus C4040, 4000 or other xx40 series camera since you mentioned PT-010.
I don't think that this strobe will work with your camera because of the preflash that your camera will put out.
Basically the strobe is triggered by your internal flash but if the camera fire the flash twice consecutively, your strobe will fire with the first flash (the preflash) so the strobe will not sync with the camera. I think you can disable the preflash only with Olympus C5050. Basically for other Olympus camera, you will need a strobe that will ignore preflash or work with preflash so you are pretty much stuck with various strobes from Ikelite, Sea and Sea or Inon for most part.

I have used that strobe on my c5050. Its far too bright and not adjustable at all. You'd have to rig up some way to dampen the flash so you're already talking workaround. Every shot i took with it was overexposed even if i set the camera in such a way as to let the minimum light in.

steve

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom