Bonaire Travel March 8

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aquabluegreg

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Bonaire Travel Restrictions​

Because of rising COVID-19 infections on the island, on March 8, Bonaire implemented its Phase 5 risk measures, closing non-essential businesses, diving included. While hotels may serve meals to guests, only take-out is otherwise available. Travelers arriving in Bonaire from high-risk countries, including the U.S., require a negative PCR test taken within 72 hours and a rapid antigen test taken no more than 4 hours before departure from the last landfall before arriving. That may be tough, since few American airports have rapid antigen tests in or nearby.

Source: Undercurrent

Just got back from two weeks of diving in Bonaire.
Heard the visibility was not good as it usually is (apparently they got some rain before we got there), but I was pretty happy with it still. Dive sites were not busy and barely met anyone underwater. Good place for CCR training and some great reefs with quick drops to the depths needed for deco dives.
As mentioned earlier, could get take-away from restaurants and some bars offered same option with the beer.
Great place with plenty of dives sites to discover for the next 23 years.

Attachments

• jaa.jpg
    jaa.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 83
  • tripp.jpg
    tripp.jpg
    310.6 KB · Views: 79
Planning a trip to Bonaire in May. Any recommendations for dive shops or car rentals is appreciated

Planning a trip to Bonaire in May. Any recommendations for dive shops or car rentals is appreciated
Dive Friends Bonaire has 8 locations on the island where you can pick up and drop off tanks. Very convenient and efficient.
Avis and Budget both have truck rentals at the airport for easy pick up and drop off upon arrival and departure. AB carrental is also good, but off site from the airport.

Car Rental Bonaire from $29,50 per day - AB Car Rental Bonaire

Dive Friends Bonaire - Best Bonaire Diving & Services

Thanks. We are traveling with a doctor and we’re going to get a box of rapid tests for the 4 hour window requirement. Do they ask for results in Bonaire upon arrival for at origination airport?

Thanks. We are traveling with a doctor and we’re going to get a box of rapid tests for the 4 hour window requirement. Do they ask for results in Bonaire upon arrival for at origination airport?
I do not know. I have not been there since the pandemic started. I was there for 2 weeks just prior to last February. Others may know.
You could also ask online at this Facebook Site and see what the local expats have to say:
Facebook

From www.bonairecrisis.com

Coronavirus tests for travelers to Bonaire from a high-risk country:

1. A negative NAAT-test result. (24 hours prior to departure)
or
2. A negative PCR-test result and a negative Antigen-test result. (72 hours and 4 hours)

It seems the NAAT-test is the way to go. I live in Seattle and Seatac has the NAAT-test for $196. I have received both my Moderna shots and just booked an August trip to Bonaire, fingers crossed.

Back
Top Bottom