Bonaire Photography Operators and Training?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Never had any issues with John Wall over at Buddy dive.What is it that you need from a photo shop on Bonaire?

I am looking for UW Photo training and good rental equipment for our upcoming Bonaire trip. I had sent 3 e-mails to Tim at Fish-Eye and he just responded today.

Hi Jim,

I hope that you are all set for your upcoming trip.
Just wanted to introduce you to our full service photo and video shop
with a brand new location just north of Capt Don's Habitat.

Our new location opened on the 1st of October
and next to many training options in both photography and video
we rent out new Nikon L24's in a Ikelight housing
as well as new JVC GC-WP10 HD video cameras in Ikelight housing.

Next to the full range of photo and video services
we provide freediving training and equipment rental
and offer caving and mountainbike tours.

I hope to be able to be of assistance one day
or to meet you on our free outdoor movie night that we do every Tuesday.

All the best from Bonaire,

Leo Hoogenboom
BonPhoto
Bon Photo
info@bonphotobonaire.com
+5997884636
www.facebook.com/bonphoto

Leo,

Thank for the reply.

Here is my situation:

I am a very avid land digital photographer (Canon EOS 30D). I have a very inexpensive UW film camera and I want to try UW Digital. I throw away many, many, more more film shots that I keep.

I am looking for a good training class and some good rental equipment for my 1st trip to Bonaire. I am a vacation diver so I really can not justify an UW photo system.

Any help in this area would be greatly appreciated.

Tanks,
Jim

Leo,

Thank for the reply.

Here is my situation:

I am a very avid land digital photographer (Canon EOS 30D). I have a very inexpensive UW film camera and I want to try UW Digital. I throw away many, many, more more film shots that I keep.

I am looking for a good training class and some good rental equipment for my 1st trip to Bonaire. I am a vacation diver so I really can not justify an UW photo system.

Any help in this area would be greatly appreciated.

Tanks,
Jim
Jim, before I bought my canon 5d mark II in Aquatica housing, I rented from Absea.net

AB Sea Photo, Welcome to A B Sea Photo. Home of the worlds largest selection of underwater camera rentals and the smallest underwater camera housings by Oceanhaus. We have been serving underwater photographers in both the professional and recreationa

Even though they were in Ca and I live in Palm Beach Florida, the service and assistance could not have been better if they had been right on the water where I dive here.
They have a huge line of rental cameras and housings, and the prices for rental are excellent....You don't have to be a business in order to rent from them..Any diver can do this.
This way you can leverage your land shooting skill with a camera much closer to what you are used to, and see first hand what the underwater shooting is like. If you REALLY LIKE IT, then often Absea.net will have used rental gear they will sell at a much reduced price, and typically they will take the rental fee off of the purchase price!!!!
You could either have them ship to you prior to your trip and transport it yourself...or, you could ship it to the hotel/resort you are staying at in Bonaire...and then send it back from Bonaire ( just a thought I would explore with them--they would know if there are issues with this).

Personally, I enjoyed the video potential of my canon so much, that it became by far my dominant use of the 5 D.....
Here are 2 of mine:
Shot just off the beach here of Singer Island-- Baitballs going by Resorts on Singer Island.... - YouTube
On one of our wreck dives--..... way-too-much-fun - YouTube
(these 2 examples just showing why you might enjoy the video potential of a camera also...you can do this with a rental)
I use the canon 16 to 35 mm lens, and 2 cave video lights that are actually "ok" for shooting stills also....Apollos by Extreme Exposure ( don't think Absea has Appollos though :)

I'll agree 100% about recommending Tim from Fish Eye Photo! He's not only an excellent photographer, but he's an excellent teacher, and customizes his courses depending on your experience level. Well worth talking with and taking a class from.

Hi Jim,
Sorry for the late reply; guess I will need to go over my notification settings from Scubaboard.

In case you haven't scheduled anything yet, this is what we can offer you:
Depending on your wishes we can teach anything from a half day course to 3 full days.
Of course all this will be customized to your current level.
As mentioned before; for still photography we offer Nikon L24's in a Ikelight housing.
If you don't have your own UW setup, we offer one of the Nikon's as part of the class.

If you have any further questions, please contact us at info@bonphotobonaire.com

Hope to see you on Bonaire,

Leo

Back
Top Bottom