Bonaire - lost today on road between Capt. Don/den Laman

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Blackrock

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Please help!

Lost all my gear after I forgot to close tailgate of the truck. (Please no comments about stupidity)
Went back no more than 10 minutes later and couldn't find anything. I came from captain Don's and drove south. Went 3/4 around roundabout headed towards Playa Trading.

Was in a rectangular black bucket.
Apeks harness
Dive rite donut wing
Scubapro reg. Has one blue hose. (Mk21 first stage)
19 cu ft pony with dive rite reg.
Dive rite thigh pocket. With sausage, reel, and spare mask.
Hollis M1 mask
Bare wetsuit.
Aqualung boots

If you hear anything, see anything, or know anyone to pass the message to, please help in any way. It's just the start of my 2 week holiday. (Side note- there were three motorcycles coming to the roundabout when I was there, if you know and bikers, maybe they saw something.

Thank you!!

Check with police, the dive shop at the round about and get the word out to some dive shops/ops. Just my two cents. Hope you recover all your gear.

Good chance someone found it and is trying to get it back to you. Anything on the tub or gear that would help them out? Was there a big sticker on your truck like AB? Check with your rental co as well. Let us know if you get it back.

The word on the street is, in Bonaire especially, leaving personal property unattended rarely has a good outcome, just sayin'.

Good luck. I hope you get it back!

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. (Especially tridacna )

Gear was found and returned. Even thought it took a spill out of the truck, everything worked on my checkout dive. Amazing.

A big thank you to the awesome couple that returned it! And a thank you to Wannadive for helping, and Dive Friends retail shop for giving good advice. And a thank you to Chris back home that emailed a bunch of his friends here to help. You are all amazing!!

I'm just so happy there are still good people in this world.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom