Bonaire - Lighthouse Beach Resort?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi, We own a townhouse at Lighthouse Beach Resort. LBR is not really a typical resort but a townhouse community (40 units). There is a beach front and a swimming pool. Not all units are rented and each offers different amenities. It is about 5 minutes south of town and very close to the southern dive sites. I would be glad to answer any questions you might have about LBR or individual units. You can email me at gregg@bonairevilla.com
Gregg

Allspread Grapealo:
Anyone on here stayed there before?

Any comments to share?

I have recommended Greg & Debbie's townhouse to numerous folks and have had no complaints. It is diver friendly with good rinse and drying areas. All the household amenities are there, more than you would normally find and it truly has a feeling of home. I think they may have also added internet service which is a true plus.

It's an excellent place to stay! I was there for two weeks last September and can say the entire unit (Greg's #13) is very nicely set up with all you need. Clean and roomy, quiet because it's south of town. Just seconds away from some great dive sites! Airco in the bedrooms and lots of fans along with a steady breeze on the main floor to keep you cool. Security bars on all windows and doors for piece of mind. Cable TV and DVD player. Full kitchen like you would find at home with all appliances. Great space in the front yard to rinse and dry gear. Heck, I'll stop yapping and just say it's very nice! On top of that, Debbie was a great help setting things up for the stay and made every effort to ensure my stay was seamless. One of, if not the best stays I have had on Bonaire. I only wish my buddy could have made the trip(injured 2 weeks before our departure) cause he would have loved it big time. Did I mention I liked LBR?

I stayed at a unit on the waterfront last year. My buddies and I had to cover the shower drains with duct tape after every shower as the smell of raw sewage otherwise covered the unit. As I doubt they run a/c 24/7, there was also some mold and mildew as the climate is tropical. Otherwise, the unit was great. I doubt you could beat the view!

Kiteboarder, Just for the record the unit you mentioned is not ours. I hope you told the owners so that they have it fixed. Gregg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom