Bonaire Invaders: What are we doing? What are we seeing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JahJahwarrior

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
The internet here isn't amazing, but I know most of us are on it atleast once a day to share some pictures and check the news.

What are you doing around Bonaire that--even if you think it's the Island's best kept secret--you're willing to share with the rest of us? Any great spots? (as if they aren't all!) Any rare sightings? A great place you stopped for a meal, or souvenir?

And what animals are you seeing out there?? (export photos at lower quality for a faster upload and download)

fairy basslet lr-0102.jpg

I'm not part of the Invasion trip; been to Bonaire 7 times and hope to go again someday.

Well, for a souvenir for a loved one, a few years back I got a couple of sea turtle pendents, each with a Caribbean opal, for my wife (on 2 different trips), at a store on what I'd call the main strip, called Jewel of Bonaire. They're large enough and striking enough to catch the eye. I think one (with chain) ran somewhere in the $65 - $175 range maybe?

Anyway, if you want a piece of ocean-themed jewelry that draws attention and brings up the story of your trip, that's what I can think of. Oh, the guy will happily show you some more expensive pieces.

Richard.

Back
Top Bottom