Bonaire In September

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sea nmf

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
FYI - (Natasha will probably cover this later anyway - but I'm too excited)

My flight gets into Bonaire at approx 3 p.m. I've contacted Toucan diving and asked how late I can come and purchase a Marine Park tag and get a check out dive and they responded that I have to be at the dive shop by 5 p.m.

I want to be sure I'm all set for a night dive. Who's with me?

-becky

My UK flight get's in at 4am so I'll be around all day. Most definitely available for all diving at any time. See you later. Torch in hand.

Neil

now that's what I call excited! :tease:

Over 4 months away and I get a strong mental image of Becky's gear all laid out on the living room floor, ready for packing (including torch) :wink:.

Btw, I'll be the one wearing a wetsuit and carrying mask and fins when I get off the plane!

Mark.

Looks like the earliest I might get in on the 14th is around 7pm. :(

I looked all over for any type of red eye flights that might get me in there sometime in the morning but there does not seem to be any from where I am unfortunately but I'm still looking.

-- Larry

I hope to be using my gear alot prior to September. It isn't laid out for packing quite yet.

I've been reading the posts in the Bonaire Talk community and found out that you have to purchase one of those Marine Park tags so I'm thinking ahead.

Yes, I know it seems like it's far ahead. But time flies when you're having fun!

My comment was light-hearted. My apologies if it seemed like I was mocking.

Originally posted by sea nmf
I hope to be using my gear alot prior to September. It isn't laid out for packing quite yet.

I've been reading the posts in the Bonaire Talk community and found out that you have to purchase one of those Marine Park tags so I'm thinking ahead.

Yes, I know it seems like it's far ahead. But time flies when you're having fun!

I'm waaaaay ahead of you guys... I started asking about this stuff in the original Bonaire thread. Bonair thread Basically, regrading the Marine Park - here's what Natasha said
First off, all of Bonaire is a Marine Park. The dive shop will give the orientation 'talk'. Basically what they will say is ..no gloves are allowed while you are diving ..but on the Hilma Hooker ..and be nice to the coral or we will kill you.
The dive shop will collect the fee down there and give you this cute little disc to wear on your Bc in return.

Cost is $20

Larry:
You should be able to take the Chicago flight that gets in at 3pm or the Miami flight that also gets in then.
I hope you haven't done anything drastic yet! LoL

Looks like I'll be flying down to Miami the night before and then catching the flight out the next day with the other folks that are flying from there so I am game for hitting the water for an evening dive. :)

Thanks for all the help Natasha. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom