Bonaire for the Non-Diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yazmeen

Registered
Reaction score
Headed to the island for the first time in 8 years as part of a large group for a wedding (bride is Dutch) of two scuba buddies. Usually on dive trips with friends/dive club members, I'm the only non-diver. This time there will be a bunch of us. Suggestions for land activities, please? Several of us, including me, will snorkel and kayak, but we could use some suggestions for land activities. This will be all adult, but ages will range from the late 20's to past 60.

I'm not a big shopper on vacation, but what is town like for shopping? I recall there being not much, but it's been a long time.

Oh, and yes, we have the "leave the vehicle unlocked, nothing in it, windows down" drill down pat! :)

Many thanks,

Yaz

Yazmeen,

There is quite a lot to do. Mangrove Kayaking, Windsurfing, Horsebackriding, Landsailing, Kitesurfing, Air conditioned bus guided island tours, bowling (air conditioned also - new facilities in the last few years), hanging out at some beaches (Eden, Plaza, etc), National Park Tours (again, air conditioned bus), Donkey Sanctuary, pottery classes, painting classes, museums, movies and more.

We have a few really nice places in town to shop. There are quite a few really nice shops such as jewelry (Atlantis, Littmans), clothes (quite a few including Bennetton & a new one called "Moll-Outlet, featuring brand name womens clothing and lingerie, etc, Quite a few upscale, nice places to get glass, china, etc themed "tropical and caribbean" items. Duty free perfume shop and a few more...

Hope this helps.

Liz

Liz:

Greetings from us here in Bonaire, and thanks very much! We did the Mangrove Kayak today, it was beyond fabulous. Several of us ladies are going to the Butterfly Farm tomorrow, and then on to town for some shopping and lunch. We are having a wonderful time, capped off on Thursday by the wedding of the wonderful couple who brought us here. We appreciate your suggestions, and look forward to the rest of our time in Bonaire.

Best,

Yaz (Beth)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom