Bonaire Fish ID cards

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cra2

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Originally posted in Gear, I think it'll get a better response here...

Does anyone know of underwater fish ID cards specific to Bonaire?

Thanks,
cra2

i would also recommend the Hunan book ("Reef Fish Identification: Florida and the
Caribbean"). that's probably the best lay i.d. guide there is.

i have it, and it's awesome

Cra2 I got one while there in Bonaire. the dive shops there carry them. though i saw some other fish that are not on the card. but, it's a good one cause on one side it has the dive sites and all.

One of my kids collects Fish ID Cards from all our dive locations.

The Bonaire card is in most shops there.

DD

And I wonder how that compares to this one, which is covered by fish pics on both sides. Sure you lose the map of dive sites, but that's not something I'm gonna need to access underwater anyways. That map can stay in the rental car. What I need underwater is MORE FISH, not an island map. This one has more fish covering both sides, but isn't as specific as saying "Bonaire map." You click on the map of the Caribbean and this is the one closest to Bonaire.
http://www.dive-logs.com/products.jsp;jsessionid=8EABC8E1454FC6655CB3811213D7CD82?ProductCategory=11

cra2:
THANKS.
At diversdiscount, they're about $12 with shipping.
How much do these cost at the shops in Bonaire?

At toucan dive at the plaza they are 8 dollars US. Also buy the Yellow Book on dive site when you get there. It is Super informative and about 12 bucks if i remember correctly. Have fun we had a blast and are going back next year for sure. If you flying AJ good luck getting there and back. They usually get you there close to on time but coming home good luck.

Aaron I'm with you on that AJ...going down it was great..but, coming back is another story of horro. 11 hr. delay...2 hrs. late leaving Bonaire and 9 hrs. leaving Montego Bay..i don't mind flying..but, it was just a horror with AJ...never again will I fly with them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom