Bonaire dive op for solo diver?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tennessee Slim

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I've been living on Curacao a couple of months and plan to spend the Thanksgiving weekend diving on Bonaire. I don't have a dive partner and I'll be traveling alone so I'm hoping someone can recommend a dive operation there that conducts group dives. Not ideal, I know, but I figure it's a workable solution.

Shouldn't be a problem with any op.

Toucan Diving (at Plaza Resort) is always highly recommended by folks I know.

Finding a buddy on Bonaire is usually not too difficult. I have had luck finding others traveling alone on the Bonaire board. Bonaire Talk - The place to discuss everything and anything about Bonaire!
I would also suggest you refer to yourself as "traveling alone" rather than as "solo". Saying your diving solo implies that you want to dive alone rather than you are traveling alone. Many dive ops will misunderstand your request and not be as helpful.
I also understand Liz at Golden Reef Inn is holding some Tgiving festivities, she is likely to have some others traveling alone. An email asking may pay off.

TN Slim,

I have taken 2 trips to Bon. One alone (solo) and one with non diver (husband).

Trip 1:

Bonaire Talk. com excellent resource. Found Dive buds plus did boats and had great diving.

Trip 2:

Again, Bonaire Talk. com excellent resource. Found several dive buds and did no boats. Better trip as I was familiar with Bon. Non diver (husband) & I did afternoon snorkel / dive and had a great time.

Moral of this post:

If you have dive buds lined up in advance (via Bonaire talk, Scuba board), do a couple of boat dives to see Klein and dive shore (excellent shore dives) for the remaining. If not more boats to meet others to shore dive. Note, Cpt Don's has a sign up board for singles and excellent house reef.

Hope you have a great Bon trip.

Vanessar

...Bonaire Talk. com excellent resource....
I shudda known any place as "big" as Bonaire would have its own forum, LOL.

The Internet is such a wonderful place. I hope I can live there when I grow up. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom