Bonaire Buddy dive options

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ian hanna

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
hi there all,
Getting things rounded up for our February/ march trip to Bonaire and right now im looking at either Caribbean Club or Belmar- Bonaire. Belmar-Bonaire is more expensive but looks like it is a guarantee ocean view. Carribean Club is quite a bit cheaper but possibility of no ocean view.

other than the view situation, any body have first hand comparisons between the two places (i know they are both buddy dive operations and now im getting down to splitting hairs).

thanks!

CC includes breakfast, no boat dives. Belmar no breakfast 6 boat dives,has a house reef . CC does not have house reef, oil slick dive site nearby.Both have rental trucks..

You will not (Repeat will not) have an ocean view at the CC if you are staying in the less expensive units.
Breakfast may or may not be included at the CC - it depends on your package (it is available).
There will be no meals at the Belmar unless you fix them yourself.

I would make my choice based on where I wanted to do most of my dives - if south Belmar - if north CC.
If everywhere flip a coin.

I have stayed at both BTY.

You will not (Repeat will not) have an ocean view at the CC if you are staying in the less expensive units.
Breakfast may or may not be included at the CC - it depends on your package (it is available).
There will be no meals at the Belmar unless you fix them yourself.

I would make my choice based on where I wanted to do most of my dives - if south Belmar - if north CC.
If everywhere flip a coin.

I have stayed at both BTY.
*Belmar would be a classic superior room and we would probably make our own meals mostly or go to restaurants.
*CC would be a standard or deluxe 1-bed cottage and same deal on the meals
*Location- this will be my first time there and second for my GF and we will have a truck and probably be diving at alot of different locations.

doing it again, which would you pick since you have been to both?

My wife does not dive.
I can go pretty much where ever I choose but she requests a view that has shade.
If we stayed at one of these two locations again we would stay in the more expensive units with ocean views at the CC.
She liked the CC ocean front two bedroom units best. The cc manager gave some of our group a tour of them while the rest of us were diving.

Have you considered Den Laman.
Good location - good choices of room sizes, price options and very good house reef.

Have you considered Den Laman.
Good location - good choices of room sizes, price options and very good house reef.
+1. Last December, we stayed in one of the ocean front, 1 bedrooms for 10 days Den Laman/Dive Friends Bonaire, December 3-14, 2017. We liked it so much, we went back for 2 weeks last month. Fantastic room, we made nearly all our meals, beautiful sunsets from the large balcony. Dive Friends is great. Bari Reef is a wonderful house dive. Boats leave from the pier if that is of interest. Scheming on our next visit as I write :)

+1. Last December, we stayed in one of the ocean front, 1 bedrooms for 10 days Den Laman/Dive Friends Bonaire, December 3-14, 2017. We liked it so much, we went back for 2 weeks last month. Fantastic room, we made nearly all our meals, beautiful sunsets from the large balcony. Dive Friends is great. Bari Reef is a wonderful house dive. Boats leave from the pier if that is of interest. Scheming on our next visit as I write :)
thanks a bunch, i had not heard about that place yet!

thanks a bunch, i had not heard about that place yet!
Thanks to @DeputyDan for bringing it up. When I first read your post, I thought you were tied to one of the two Buddy affiliates. There are many other places that are favorites of SB posters

Thanks to @DeputyDan for bringing it up. When I first read your post, I thought you were tied to one of the two Buddy affiliates. There are many other places that are favorites of SB posters
im not tied to anywhere, we just want a great place to stay. lots of places seem to offer great 7 day unlimited tanks and rental truck prices so if we just got a condo somewhere too that would be fine (ive also been looking at Air BnB) but thought it would be nice to stay at a place where at the end of the day we could hang out with other divers to talk about places and dive stuff (and also maybe my new dive computer i will have as you have seen from my other thread HAHAHA)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom