Bonaire Bound.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
March 6th-13th we are staying a Buddy Dive Resort. My wife is a non-diver so I'll be a lone diver. Everyone I have talked to said that it is no problem to buddy up with someone to go diving with. I don't know what that means!!!????!!! :D

Anyway, if someone else will be down there at the same time maybe we can meet up. Please pm me if you like.

Or, if someone can shead some light on my apprehensions about finding a buddy at the Resort, I would love to hear from you.

You can usually find someone of one of the dive boats who is in need of a buddy, just ask around. It's not unheard of to just walk up to a group and ask to join them. Another way I have had success budding up is to go to the Bonaire Board and ask. This is my prefered way and it's common to find someone in the same boat as you. It's very possible you can find someone who also has a wife that would like some company while you are diving. As an added bonus, a lot of old time Bonaire travelers will not only offer to dive with you but show you their favorite places to eat. Post something like " Will be on Bonaire March 6-13 and need a buddy" in the thread header and then state in the post what you are looking for. Be honest with your skills and what you need in a buddy. If you are a novice or want to do deeper dives, say so. And esp if you are a photographer, state that as well. I have met a lot of new friends that way.
www.bonairetalk.com

I was in the same situation last july. I posted a buddy search at www.bonairetalk.com and was able to hook up with someone who was solo as well..give it a try. Im not one to advocate solo dives... but it is a great place to do that if you are so Inclined..?

The majority of the visitors are divers..shouldnt be a problem to tag along with others or find someone to go with...

Have fun and good luck! Youre going to love it, BD is an outstanding property and Bonaire is tops on my list!

Hey, I'm trying to plan a trip to Bonaire myself. I was looking at the week following yours, but if I can swing what I need to get it planned for that week, I'd be more than happy to go diving with you. My wife is a non-diver as well, so I feel your pain. She won't be with me on this trip, so it's not an issue anyway.

PM me if interested.

*Edit - I just saw your sig...were you by chance a 12B?

We have a small group coming to Buddy Dive Center starting on 3/9. Right now there are five of us, so you may try and hook up with us. It is the latter half of your trip though.

Keith

We were just in Bonaire last week and hooked up with another diver through the BonaireTalk website. He was diving by himself because the rest of his party were snorkellers. He had posted his diving experience and it worked out we were very compatible in and out of the water. It was great fun meeting new people and I would definitely recommend trying www.bonairetalk.com as herman suggested.

I dived Bonaire with Buddy Dive last September and I always go on holiday alone.
There was no trouble at all finding buddies either on the boats or from the shore.

Enjoy your trip.

Hi All, would really appreciate a trip report on Buddy Dive Resort when you get back. We will be staying at the Lions Dive in December that Buddy's just bought so any info on the new setup would be appreciated. Also update on the reef off both with photos would be awesome.

Suzanne

Back
Top Bottom