Boiled Green Peanuts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lowviz

Solo Diver
Rest in Peace
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
So, I made a classic Thai dish today. It was predictably wonderful, just follow the directions. However I was left with 2/3 bag of green peanuts. Hmmmmm...

I so dearly remember the Wakulla days of pulling off the road in Florida to get a soggy bag of boiled green peanuts right off the field, or a Hutton's grouper sandwich, or a jar of old nails road mayhaw jelly. Any of which rhymes with addictive...

So here is the poor substitute that I suffer:

GreenPeanuts.jpg

Sad as that is, it can be somewhat rectified.

BeerNuts.jpg

Jonesing....

Fun thread, no rules.

Tell your boiled green peanut escapades/experiences/addictions/recipes/stories...

Excellent!

Yes, galangal in center and turmeric on right. Both are growing like bad weeds this time of year. -I have to take a compass with me when I head out into the lemongrass. :wink:

Excellent!

Yes, galangal in center and turmeric on right. Both are growing like bad weeds this time of year. -I have to take a compass with me when I head out into the lemongrass. :wink:
I want to eat at your house.

Speaking of Thailand, have you ever dived there? It's an amazing country if you ever get the chance.

Excellent!

Don't suppose you offer seeds or cuttings? :p

@DBPacific, you caught me in a good mood. I have a bunch of masks to send back to their owners next week. They were seasoned and have been sitting out in the open, untreated for very nearly two months.

So you actually want to grow the stuff? I can relate to that, it is fun to have your own fresh plants. One more package is no biggie. PM me with shipping address...

I suppose that I could send shoots of both eastern and western lemongrass, a galangal shoot, a turmeric shoot, and a citrus hystrix cutting you can either graft or attempt to root (details on the internet). Ginger is simple, check the store ginger for a rhizome with little green bud(s).

The citrus is guaranteed to be free of any disease. Please let me know if your state has import restrictions on citrus plants. One and done offer, please, nobody else ask. I'm most happy to share ONCE.

:)

Back
Top Bottom