Body Glove WS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aqua-holic

Registered
Reaction score
I was at a dive center yesturday trying on 7mm wetsuits, all hendersons. the large I tried on fit the best but seemed to choke me at the neck a little.

There is another dive shop that carrys 7mm Body Glove Wetsuits and was just wondering if they are any good.

~Joe~

I have spent many hours the past 3 months shopping for a 5 mm suit, decided I wanted a very flexible suit. Looked at all the info I could find. The Hendersons are nice suits. My final decision was to buy a Bodyglove 5/4 X2 fullsuit, they have a 7 mm X2 as well. Best fit, good price, very easy off and on, I expect it to be a durable suit. Probably worth trying on for size, could be more comfortable on your neck.

Thanks for the info kupu, I got two weeks to find one otherwise i have to use a stinky rental :)

Kupu:
I have spent many hours the past 3 months shopping for a 5 mm suit, decided I wanted a very flexible suit. Looked at all the info I could find. The Hendersons are nice suits. My final decision was to buy a Bodyglove 5/4 X2 fullsuit, they have a 7 mm X2 as well. Best fit, good price, very easy off and on, I expect it to be a durable suit. Probably worth trying on for size, could be more comfortable on your neck.

For some reason we don't see a lot of Body Glove around here. My original wetsuit ia a 3/2 bodyglove Crush. Here in Maine it's only good to take the chill off of block the sun when skindiving on a nice summer day but I've used it a bunch and it's still like new. When we get to travel to warmer water it's coming along.

Fit is a huge criteria so if the suit fits...... wear it.

Pete

The Dive shop only had the 7mm X2 suits which are probably warmer but I dislike the the two piece setup. Tried it on, fit pretty good, easy on and off. But I want a one piece. So on to the next shop :)

aqua-holic:
The Dive shop only had the 7mm X2 suits which are probably warmer but I dislike the the two piece setup. Tried it on, fit pretty good, easy on and off. But I want a one piece. So on to the next shop :)

Yup, IMO go 1 piece, add a vest if you want a warmer core. Several styles of vests and shorties with and without hoods are available.

Pete

aqua-holic:

If the shop wants your business I would think they could order the 7 mm 1 piece suit for you. Did you inquire? Also, I see that OnlineScuba.com has BodyGlove 7mm X2 fullsuit for 209.95, a nice savings over listed retail price of 299.95. Probably can find it elsewhere online, that was just the first site I found that carried it.

hi fellas, i just bought a bodyglove pro 2 3.2 wetsuit.
the warranty garantees workmanship, does that include seams and stiches?
is it true that folding up a wetsuit makes it weaker and breaks more easily?
i just got this wetsuit because it was desent when i tried it on and it was on sale, AUS$110.
any reviews on this product
cheers
keep breathing

I have had a few, Body Glove, Henderson, ScubaMax, Sherwood, Akona, Bare.

I have found that Bare's have the best fit for Me. Moderately priced and well worth it. I have a Bare 5/4, 3/2 and 3/2 shorty, I am very pleased with all of them.

Matt

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom