boat

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
i was just wondering if anyone knows how much insurance would be for a dive boat that costs about $19,000. It's for a scuba diving business. If anyone knows PLEASE post it! Thanks!!:D

Scubagirl,

I do sailing charters in Chicago on a 32' boat and pay around $1100/year which insures it from April 1 to the middle of November. The boat's worth around $60,000. I'd guess your insurance would be slightly less since insurance on powerboats is typically higher. You'll also need your USCG Captains License as well. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Dan

scubagirl1822:
i was just wondering if anyone knows how much insurance would be for a dive boat that costs about $19,000. It's for a scuba diving business. If anyone knows PLEASE post it! Thanks!!:D

You double posted this question....you're looking at $1500 - $2500 for a commercial policy. If the boat is 5 years old (or more), you will likely have to get a marine survey (about $350).

--Matt

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom