Boat Recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nuts4diving

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We are moving to Florida and I promised hubby we can get a dive boat. We need something that sleeps 4 below deck and is ocean-worthy enough to make it from Florida to the Bahamas. We were thinking a Sea Ray Sundancer 320, but we’re concerned about room for storing everything, including a compressor (air not Nitrox). On a Sea Ray owners group people are trying to convince me of ones that have way too much cabin. We don’t particularly want much galley or socializing space in the cabin, as we would prefer more cockpit/outdoor galley/deck space. Suggestions?

Anything not a Searay, Monterey, Chaparral etc.... I'd be looking more towards a sportfishing or pilothouse type boat for those needs.

My family deals in powerboats of that size. I would suggest ocean runner or Island hopper as they are more "dive friendly" and it's like a blank canvas, you have lots of room to add your desired items...
<TG>

Sea Rays are floating living rooms and not something many of us consider as offshore boats. Luhrs boats would be my choice for something big enough to comfortably overnight on and trust for the crossing and Florida storms that will eventually catch you.

Something with a forward pilothouse to give you more deck space. A Grady White Marlin 300 would be closer to ideal given your requirements. Or a GW 282 Sailfish if you can live with less space.

Reactions: OTF
The 282 is built for fishing, lots of little storage areas. We own an 07' Marlin300 and it is more open and you can as we did install tank "slots" on the gunwales. Maybe the Boston Whaler 315 Conquest Or a Parker 27 pilot house would better suit you...
<TG>
:smalllogo:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom