Boat Coat?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You would be better off using a Mustang Flotation Jacket. It is a jacket type life preserver that is breathable, warm and made to get wet.

Reactions: Tug
You would be better off using a Mustang Flotation Jacket. It is a jacket type life preserver that is breathable, warm and made to get wet.

+1 on the Mustang. While it probably is overkill for windy warm days it is excellent when the temperature starts to drop. I work on a tug boat and my Mustang is great as the temperature drops and the wind picks up.

We have TruWest parkas, and they rock.

We have TruWest parkas, and they rock.

They do indeed. Sam just gave me her's, and it was a dream on a cold and windy SI.

+1 for the TruWest parka. Was on a boat early thus spring when the weather turned and was the only one that was warn and dry on the trip back in.

What model and options are recommended? :)

You're still talking about boat coats ... right ...? :D

The standard Tru-West parka with truArctic fleece liner and Taslan shell is very nice. The Oxford nylon is nice too. I'm not crazy about the furry pile liner - no good reason, just a personal preference.

Here's the page with options:

truWest Swim Parka, Swim Parka, Swim Team Parka and Custom Swim Parka, Swimming Parka, Waterproof Parka, & Stadium Jacket

It's worth keeping an eye on their website. They have parka sales fairly frequently.

They do indeed. Sam just gave me her's, and it was a dream on a cold and windy SI.
I remember the day you got that. What I really want to see posted are pictures of you trying on Eugene's undies in the middle of the sushi restaurant!
Priceless..:hijack:

Back
Top Bottom