Boas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

El Graduado

Contributor
Reaction score
In 1999, boa constrictors were first noticed on a small Caribbean island for the first time. Recently, a DNA analytical survey was performed on captured examples of this invasive species. Below is a map showing the sites on the island where the sample snakes were captured:

boas on Aruba cln.jpg

I had to do a double-take when I read the article. The small Caribbean island was not Cozumel, but Aruba! If you want to read about Cozumel’s boa constrictors (which are genetically different from Aruba’s and got to Cozumel over 20 years earlier) you can find out more about them in my latest book, Natural History of Cozumel, on Amazon books.

Below is Aruba:
island 2.jpg

Below is Cozumel:
island 3.jpg

Below is an island in the Pacific with the same road layout as Cozumel:
island 1.jpg

Does anyone else think it is inappropriate for this poster to keep using this forum to promote his books? I would hope that the moderators would put a stop to his postings because this forum is meant to discuss scuba diving.

Does anyone else think it is inappropriate for this poster to keep using this forum to promote his books? I would hope that the moderators would put a stop to his postings because this forum is meant to discuss scuba diving.

I personally don't but see the point.

I like history and he provides a wealth of knowledge - information that would be very difficult to find otherwise.

The policy regarding commercial posts was changed a few years ago; they are now allowed. I protested (not about this poster but about the policy change in general), to no avail.

this forum is meant to discuss scuba diving.
It's meant to discuss Cozumel. I may not ever buy a book of his, but I enjoy his informative posts.

I've bought both of his books on Cozumel, based on his postings on this forum, as well as several of his "yellow" books on not only Cozumel, but other features and attractions in Mexico and the Riviera Maya.

They are all well written, thoroughly researched, highly informative, and well worth the cost.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom