Board Newsletter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ArcticDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
Received the newsletter today. Only problem is I can't read it. Apparently the entire thing is in a picture format that is blocked by security features of our software.

So, for us who are in security or privacy sensitive environments how about just sending it in HTML, or Text?

It's a Cold Fusion File and should not be blocked! Laurens posted the link for you!

Don't know what should be. I do know that they were blocked. This is a common filtering so take comfort in that you are not being solely persecuted. I'm told there are images that are, or can be used as, malware. So, all those images are filtered. Some I have the option of selecting; others I do not. Yours is one that I do not.

Thanks for the link. Since the newletter is a Push thing maybe it would be wise to put the link in the newsletter as a separate item? I know there are others who are in the same situation and just don't let you know.

The newsletter is an HTML enabled message with images which means that most email readers will automatically block part of the content (the images) either suppressing them completely or requiring you to download them to see them. Unfortunately some programs go a step further and don't just disable images which is the standard but treat the email as hostile and disable almost everything in it considering it spam. In this case move the email to another folder and it may render properly.

For many email clients HTML messages are big no-nos (i.e. web based email programs, cell phones and restricted clients) and they don't show up at all. In this case there should be an alternative text version which your email client will show and where you can click a link back to the full version which will show up just fine of course.

Lots of options out there to get to see it but depending on how your email client views it and exactly how it was sent it's possible you never got the option.

Lots of options out there to get to see it but depending on how your email client views it and exactly how it was sent it's possible you never got the option.

It is no big deal. I was just letting the owners/operators know of a problem they might want to address.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom