blurry line through pics! Help!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bilznut

Reaction score
I just used my SeaLife Reefmaster DC310 for the 1st time this past week. While using it, I noticed a blurred line through the LCD screen. I kept shooting anyway. Upon viewing the pics on my computer, the blurred line was also present in the pics. It doesn't take up the whole shot, but it does go across the whole screen. Any ideas? I was using a removable flash (also SeaLife). I also has a close up lens snapped on.

Can you post a pic or two so we can see what you're talking about?

I don't know how to post pics, so I'll try to explain... the screen showed a fuzzy thin bar, width wise on the lcd screen and pics, almost as if something was in front of the viewer. I know that wasn't the case because as I was drifting around my dives in Cozumel, I moved the camera to and fro and still had this blurred portion of screen. AAAGH

OK, two things:
1) to post a picture simply make it a jpeg - I find that 640 on the longest side and medium quality works just fine for size. Then attach the file using the "manage attachments" button when you scroll down a little when you write a message. It will then bring up a screen that allows you to browse for the file, select the file and click UPLOAD NOW. Once it is uploaded correctly it will have the file listed in blue...you can then finish with that window which returns you to your message screen and from there you simply click on submit or post or whatever it says...

2) I had something that sounds quite similar. It was a card/memory error. I reformatted the card and have never had any trouble again. It showed only on some pictures taken over two dives, luckily, but there didn't seem to be any reason for those to have it and others not.

Don't know if you can reformat your card or if the camera is all internal memory...might be worth a look, though.

If you can get those photos posted we can help a lot more - maybe!

each year the first time I take my camera on a dive, I forget to take my wide angle lens off underwater and put it back on. I get pics with a fuzzy line through them. The lens is half full of water the line is where the water and the air meet. :11:

Like This

Tavi,
So your saying that I need to clip the lens on while I'm underwater! I didn't know that and I do appreciate the info. I've been back rolling in w/the camera's close up lens already on! No luck posting the photos, they were to large.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom