Bluefin OLED Housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You can--though if you're inquiring about a new purchase, the Bluefin OLED has been discontinued; the OLED screen component manufacturer has discontinued the screen. The Bluefin Standard remains in the product line, and all lens compatibility is the same whether OLED or Standard.

Too bad. The OLED is a nice screen! Anyway, I have two questions regarding the housing.

First, what is the specific procedure for resetting the programming of the handles? I seem to have accidentally changed mine and can't seem to change it back. I am using the Canon G10 camera.

Second, for shooting macro, do you recommend using the flat lens, or do you recommend using the WA 110 and zooming the camera? I have tried both, but haven't been able to decide which works better for filming the small stuff.

Thanks!

First, what is the specific procedure for resetting the programming of the handles? I seem to have accidentally changed mine and can't seem to change it back. I am using the Canon G10 camera.

Hold the "down arrow" and "right arrow" buttons down for three seconds; this will change the type of signal the handle sends. It has two settings; Sony and Canon, so if you've been in Sony mode, that would definitely not cause any reaction from the camera. Camera status doesn't matter, all it does is change a setting in the handle circuitry.

Second, for shooting macro, do you recommend using the flat lens, or do you recommend using the WA 110 and zooming the camera? I have tried both, but haven't been able to decide which works better for filming the small stuff.

The flat port is definitely the best choice for macro. Even zoomed in with the Fathom 90, you won't be able to focus very closely; with the flat port, you can get quite close, plus you get about a 30% increase in apparent magnification because of the narrowing of the angle of view through the flat lens.

If you find that you're still not getting the close-focus magnification that you're hoping for, there are several third party external macro systems that will allow you to get a lot closer and more magnification.

Thanks for the tips on the macro systems! The comparison photos on the ReefNet site are helpful.

I know the handles have separate battery compartments. Are they also controlled separately? That is, is it possible one side might be running "Sony" and the other side "Canon"?

Thanks

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom