Blueback park (Tyee) Nanoose Survey

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wedivebc

CCR Instructor Trainer
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
It appears that the regional district is looking at developing Blueback Park in Nanoose (commonly called Tyee)
This development may or may not affect divers access to the area as it has in so many other dive sites especially in the lower mainland.
The parks commission has set up a usage survey online. If you enjoy unrestricted access to this park please take a moment and complete the survey Blueback Community Park and let them know how many of us divers will be affected by any development at the park.

From what I can understand, most of the community has no problems with the divers being there, just so long as we don't take it over when we are there and they cannot get access. It is all about cooperation. As divers, we need to respect the local residents and everyone's right to use the park - regardless of which location it is. We are excited about the development and overall feel it will be good for this dive site.

Fill out the survey as @wedivebc suggests.

From my experience with municipal government they are very responsive to suggestions from the community. Particularly, when they specifically solicit a response.

Wouldn't it be nice to have additional parking there? A picnic table or two? Maybe even a compostable toilet? It's a great site for diving, now to make it a great site to spend a day!

I am not convinced development of the park would be the best thing for the diving community. Once all the locals make it their own I suspect we will start to be looked upon as intruders. I've seen it happen elsewhere. Been diving at the Jib lately?

From what I can understand, most of the community has no problems with the divers being there, just so long as we don't take it over when we are there and they cannot get access. It is all about cooperation. As divers, we need to respect the local residents and everyone's right to use the park - regardless of which location it is. We are excited about the development and overall feel it will be good for this dive site.

Many great dives there, hope any developments benefit everyone.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom