Blue Springs 3-7-09

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fox-Cousteau

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Blue Spring is a designated manatee refuge. To provide a safe warm water refuge for manatees during the winter season, the spring and spring run is closed to all water related activities including swimming, snorkeling, and scuba diving and boating from November 15 through March 1. (copied from state web site).

Saturday March 7 a group of us will be diving at Blue Springs Orange City, FL to open the season there. Meet at the

There is a $11 fee to enter the park and dive.

:shocked2: NO LIGHTS ALLOWED FOR OW AND AOW DIVERS. :no:

Cave and Cavern certified divers must sign in separately from other divers. :mooner:

Everyone bring something: :popcorn:
Burgers, brats, or dogs
buns, condiments
paper plates, cups
charcoal, liter fluid, matches
cooking tools
soft drinks & Ice :coffee:

post on this thread if you plan to attend and what you will bring. here is the address and link for those who haven't been there before.

Blue Springs State Park
2100 West French Avenue
Orange City, FL 32763

Saturday March 7 a group of us will be diving at Blue Springs Orange City, FL to open the season there. Meet at the gate at 8:00 am (when the springs open).

There is a $11 fee to enter the park and dive.

Last edited:
After hearing rumors that we might not be able to dive Blue on Saturday, I called to double check. According to the woman who answered my call, she said that the diving entrance to the spring was open (But the rest of the swimming area is still closed) so we should still be able to dive on Saturday! I'm excited! I'm bringing three of my freshly certified friends from Virginia so I know we will have a good time!

The dive is still on, meet at the GATE at 8:00 am.

I might come for an 8am dive, but I need to be back in orlando by noon. How many people are going and are cavern or cave training. I might need a cavern buddy.

The spring is now open to divers so we will see you on Saturday. Even if you have been there - done that, come out and meet other divers. Enjoy the day!:coffee:

Fox - I'll bring some brats, buns, and paper plates.

I will join everybody. I will be at the gate around 7:45ish. I need to find a cavern/cave buddy and might need to borrow a reel from somebody.

i am excited to see what is past the sign :)

just called THEY ARE open today! Things are still day by day, but they expect to be open tomorrow. C U DAR! At 8 at the Gate, don't be late!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom