Blue Hoses Are Here!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SurfLung

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Blue Hoses Are Here!
BlueHoses.jpg

- They may all be sold out by now but I wanted to show a picture of my early V2 Snark III regulator with The Scuba Museum's new blue hoses and mouthpiece. The old "V2" Snark III has a blue painted label that matches these hoses nicely. I know there are other regs that originally had blue hoses, too. So when SeaHunt Jerry called to tell me about these new hoses from the Scuba Museum, I quickly snapped up a set.
- Check 'em out at About Us

Nice and bright blue.

Very nice! Wish I had pulled the trigger on these when they were available. I figured that they wouldn't match the cans on my Kraken though.

I do have some gray hoses from the scuba museum waiting for me at home so I am looking forward to putting those together.

Okay, that does it, this is the vintage SCUBA police and I am pulling you over on the next reef.

You can only install the original issue hose/mouthpiece color or black hose pipes citizen. Just a warning this time citizen, next time it is gonna cost ya!

Of course, one of the most opinionated vintage SCUBA police has yellow hoses on his Kraken! Not setting a good example. The Kraken was never sold or issued with yellow hose pipes I do not think! Only Kraken orange/red or black is period correct for the Kraken!

LOL.

Beautiful V2 regulator and blue twin hose pipes on it too :) .

N

Beautiful V2 regulator and blue twin hose pipes on it too :) .

N
Thanks Mr. Nemrod who breathes from a snorkel while bike riding... :)

What's a "V2" Snark III...
- I am of the opinion that my blue hosed Snark III is a "V2" model and I base that on an article I read on the CG-45 website. Here's the story:
- The Snark III as we know it started out with a centered valve and yoke like most other double hose regs. It went thru a few versions like that until they came up with the offset mechanism we know as the Snark III. But the cans looked like the previous centered version. At first they made them for the military and just called them the "V2"... Which had black labels marked "Nemrod Modelo V2". Later these exact same models were sold with a blue label (and blue hoses) and the name "Snark III Nemrod by Seamless". This is why I call my reg the V2 version even though it isn't labeled that way.
42.jpg

- V2 type Snark III Photo from CG45 Collection with permission. See Double Hose Regulators - Nemrod
Extensive history of the Nemrod double hose regulators. The company started by going to France, buying a bunch of CG-45 regs, bringing them back to Spain and relabeling them "Nemrod CG-45". They later patented the CG-45 in Spain and manufactured it themselves. This explains why the V2 and Snark IIIs that came later have so many similarities to USD AquaMaster.

Thanks Mr. Nemrod who breathes from a snorkel while bike riding... :)

It is my bicycle substitute for altitude training in Colorado for O2 deprivation. It does get strange looks though. Especially my dual snorkel mask with twin floatie balls!

I got a set of those blue hoses and mouthpiece, now what to do with them?

N

Great look on that Snark III, Nemrod's classic of classic regulators. They were the last of the original DH manufacturers, the Snark III was available until the company went bankrupt in the late 1990s. My Snark III dates from 1987, and was advertised as a "three stage" regulator.

Blue Hoses Are Here!
View attachment 569969
- They may all be sold out by now but I wanted to show a picture of my early V2 Snark III regulator with The Scuba Museum's new blue hoses and mouthpiece. The old "V2" Snark III has a blue painted label that matches these hoses nicely. I know there are other regs that originally had blue hoses, too. So when SeaHunt Jerry called to tell me about these new hoses from the Scuba Museum, I quickly snapped up a set.
- Check 'em out at About Us

Yes, I have the blue hose loops from The Scuba Museum as well. I needed hoses and one way valve mushrooms to repair an old Drager double hose regulator….unique to say the least. It is now one of my best breathing regulators. Yes, check out what Rob has for sale at The Scuba Museum. Excellent source of vintage gear and parts.
Scott G. Bonser

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom