Blue Hole Santa Rosa status ??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

reddiver970

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Does anyone know the current status on diving at the Blue Hole?

I am currently scrambling like mad to prepare for a trip to dive Rock Lake this weekend. I have not gotten a return call from Stella, and I am told she has retired, so even if the Blue Hole opens, you might not have a source for gas.

My group is going to being a bunch of extra air tanks along with the helium and oxygen I am bringing, and we will use my booster to fill the tanks. When the air tanks are emptied, we will have to send someone to Albuquerque to get them filled again. It's going to be a mess. If I had a generator, I could do fills at the lake, but we will have to return to the motel for electricity.

I am currently scrambling like mad to prepare for a trip to dive Rock Lake this weekend. I have not gotten a return call from Stella, and I am told she has retired, so even if the Blue Hole opens, you might not have a source for gas.

My group is going to being a bunch of extra air tanks along with the helium and oxygen I am bringing, and we will use my booster to fill the tanks. When the air tanks are emptied, we will have to send someone to Albuquerque to get them filled again. It's going to be a mess. If I had a generator, I could do fills at the lake, but we will have to return to the motel for electricity.
Diving in rock lake I thought that went away with the new owner is this a new policy or a trial run?

We are diving rebreathers, can usually make it through a weekend with what we bring with us but that is a bummer if Stella rides off into the sunset.

After I posted, I talked to her at last. She is going to try to get us our fills this weekend.

Diving in rock lake I thought that went away with the new owner is this a new policy or a trial run?
It almost went away with new owner.

We went in late June with Stella supporting by appt. Open only to divers with instructors. Have things changed since then?

We went in late June with Stella supporting by appt. Open only to divers with instructors. Have things changed since then?
In June the Blue Hole was open to dive organizations with a limited number of divers. My group was in Santa Rosa then, diving Rock Lake and using Stella for fills. At the end of the month, New Mexico closed up again, requiring quarantines for outsiders like me. The Blue Hole closed completely. The quarantine rule was lifted a couple weeks ago, but the Blue Hole is still closed.

Back
Top Bottom