Blue Hole Belize, Cousteau Redux- they did find something

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Doc

Was RoatanMan
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Chicago & O'Hare heading thru TSA 5x per year
# of dives
None - Not Certified
Found this 04-02-19 amid the clickbait newsdfeeds, Newsweek...seems like it's new info here on SB, not really an accident, not really Belize, so:

“There were...these odd tracks, crisscrossing circles right around the center of the hole with no indication of what had made them,” she said. “Mostly it was quiet and dark down there. We also encountered the resting place for two of the divers who’ve been lost in the hole. We notified the local authorities, and everyone agreed to leave them undisturbed. They are at peace.”

T'would be interesting to know if the odd tracks are conch tracks. I've seen hundreds of those on other shallower sandy sites near the Blue Hole.

Bergman's sub video appears to be mostly from divable depths and almost half of the dive footage is not from the Blue Hole site.

Interesting to note that a couple of bodies were found because I'd initially been surprised that they'd apparently found none. Not the case, I gather.

Yeah, not having pics of the tracks is as bad as click bait. What were they thinking?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom