Blue Heron Bridge on 2-1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

emcbride81

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I was able to get out of the cold Virginia weather to dive with Glockdiver. We hit the bridge today and had a great dive! GD had a free flow so we had to head back to the beach after 30 minutes.
We only saw the normal assortment of critters for the most part until we ran into this on the way back to the beach...

BlueHeronBridge042.jpg

I had never seen a manatee before so this was a real treat for me. Now back to the cold dark waters of Va/WV! :)

Last edited:
When you could still do the bridge at night we used to go at all hours. One Friday a couple of years ago we hit the water at 2:00 AM. My buddy and I were working different areas of the small bridge. A manatee drifting in the current bumped into my buddy from behind. He never would fess up, but I think it was a code brown scare.

It was a great dive (too short b/c of my regulator problem), and it was the first time I've seen a manatee too! So cute, and very curious about us divers

Water was a comfy 69-71 degrees, with about 20 feet of vis.

I've had a manatee come across my path a few times at BHB. It's still as exciting as the first time, congratulations! ... and... you got the pic!

I was there for the dive on Sunday too (The guy without a wetsuit, dove the east span)...

I started on the west side of the beach, worked the mooring balls over to the east side. I got a few pics near the west side though...

PICT000315.jpg

PICT000715.jpg

PICT003016.jpg

PICT00369.jpg

PICT005314.jpg

PICT007812.jpg

PICT00886.jpg

Good diving to you... I'll be out there this weekend too.

Working out a spring night dive out there. We have a few kayaks that can be launched from the boat ramp and act as our "boats" to make a night dive entrance and exit for a BHB dive :wink:

Nice seahorse

Nice seahorse(s)
I'm gonna piggy-back on this thread in order to keep things neat for 2/01/09...

I took 164 pics on Sunday (of probably 20 subjects...) Here are some of them;

Octopus... in a new location...
PICT00809.jpg

In the "muck" of viz... there were somewhere in the neighborhood of 16 Eagle Rays
PICT00895.jpg

If I'm not mistaken, this is a male, and he's about to deliver....
PICT01115.jpg

PICT01122.jpg

I have a challenge with shrimp...
PICT006871.jpg

The best pics I ever took of a Garden Eel
PICT0115-2.jpg

PICT01164.jpg

Jue, canno move jur boat... I vill stay here to keep jur boat from moving...
PICT01173.jpg

I am on the job...keeping jur boat from moving....
PICT01198.jpg

Stargazer to the rescue!
PICT0061121.jpg

If I bury myself, will you finally leave me alone?
PICT006291.jpg

I spit my reg out laughing when I took this [inside joke]... Hog Snapper (Hogfish)
PICT007121.jpg

Dude... You haven't left yet?
PICT007591.jpg

This Octo used to be in a different area (before all the eggs... cool)
PICT008091.jpg

I swear... this looks like a male seahorse, and he looks to deliver soon... Absolutely cool!
PICT01102.jpg

Testing my camera settings...
PICT01215.jpg

Upsidedown Jellyfish... Genus, not just a Jellyfish that is upsidedown
PICT01443.jpg

PICT01466.jpg

PICT01493.jpg

1/2 of this wreck is visible above the water line during low tide...
PICT01587.jpg

PICT01614.jpg

As always, great pics! I used to see a stargazer quite a bit under one of the wrecks, but haven't seen any in quite a while. Where did you find him?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom