Blue Heron Bridge is Back Open (with photos)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dr. Doug Ebersole

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I was in West Palm this past weekend and just wanted to report that the Blue Heron Bridge is back open for diving. A lot of us have continued to dive the area over the past couple of years, but now it's completely legal again. You just need to stay out of the swimming area and need to carry a dive flag. Phil Foster park is very nice now and the diving is very convenient. There are fresh water showers but the water wasn't on yet this weekend. The marine life at the bridge is very good. We had seahorses, octopus, scorpionfish, etc. No frogfish, flying gurnards, sea robins, or star gazers this trip, however. I'll have to keep looking!

I dove the bridge twice (Friday night and Saturday morning), both with Jim Abernethy. He and I wore full face masks with communications so we could talk back and forth as we found critters. We then had two students with receivers attached to their masks so we could explain to them what they were seeing. It worked out really nicely!

Here are a couple of photos:

crw_9428a.jpg

crw_9414a.jpg

crw_9449a.jpg

crw_9445a.jpg

crw_9415a.jpg

The rest of the weekend's photos are here:
http://debersole.com/layout/0001/gallery_view.cfm?g=86

Way cool. I've got to get down there for a dive soon.

Nice. Where were the seahorses? couldn't find any.

Some some nice worms, and a baby octo in a conch shell though.

The yellow seahorse is along the west wall (not the pilings) of the small span of the bridge about 1/2 way from north to south. The other seahorse moves around more and has been on the southwest pilings. We couldn't find him Saturday.

great pictures, thanks for posting.

I love those seahorses. Nice job!

nice pics. Took my 10-yr old there Thursday night for his first night dive. We saw the usual stuff and a batfish...

Back
Top Bottom