Blue Heron Bridge Conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

living4experiences

ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hey Folks, I'm here in Juno Beach and my diving has been blown out for the week and I'm trying to salvage some of my trip by diving at BHB. Today's viz was 2 ft. We didn't even get in the water, just called it off. Since I'm unfamiliar with the bridge, I'm hiring a guide each day, which is expensive, and he's leaving it up to me to decide whether to go tomorrow or not. So here's my question: Does today's visibility of 2 feet reasonably predict that tomorrow's conditions will be the same or worse? Or is it just as likely that it could be great viz?

This has been the pattern so far this week: On Nov. 2, viz was 15 ft. On Nov. 1, viz was 20 ft. On Oct. 31, the viz was 30 ft.

Thanks in advance for the advice.

Interesting that the guide isn't helping to... guide your decision and you're on the internet searching for an answer that they should be able to easily provide. Or maybe it's all about managing expectations and/or liability. Still, I'd find a guide that would offer me some local advice or at least some qualified statements. Interested to see other responses, as I've been in the same situation there in Florida (weather torpedoing my narrow dive window and leaving me scrambling to put something together). I wound up driving over to the gulf side and did some shark tooth dives. Good luck!

Look at the marine forecast, if it is similar today’s weather then you can assume similar visibility

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom