Blue Angel Dive Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MN Lakeman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Well after carefully watching the many posts regarding both Coz & travel protocols, my buddy & I decided to get out of Dodge & book a week at our favorite dive operation....& second home, Blue Angel. With a careful awareness of our "personal space" & surroundings, I think this can be safe destination for a much needed dive trip. So arriving, we were so impressed by the care taken by the town folk - restaurant servers, cab drivers, even runners & 'cyclists ALL masked. It was no surprise too, how comfortable we felt at BA - with dive masters & captains, & BA restaurant staff (new chef is absolutely fantastic!!). 'Can't say enough how great it was to be back with DM's Julio, Matteo, Ramon & of course our fav server, Sergio.
Diving was just excellent, regardless of having a forced day off due to a Tuesday norte. Vis was remarkable, reef life just seemed a bit more robust, & really amazing...very little current despite such rough seas at the beginning of the week. Highlight of the week was seeing spotted eagle rays each day, with a spectacular twilight dive with Ramon @ Eagle Ray Wall, where we watched a squadron of TEN eagle rays soar past us just out from the wall. Unfortunately my video just couldn't zoom in & capture but a fuzzy scene due to the waning light. Fantastic night dive following this dive was at San Clemente - apparently Paradise is closed for several months to help the reef recover.
Ate at both BA restaurant for evening meals as well as our fav's in town, La Mission, La Choza & of course Matteo's place, O'Hanas. Most memorable meal was the grilled garlic & butter lionfish @ BA...amazing!
Attached is a video summary by dive sites through the week. Get out & support this community - it was so sad being the only customers in town a few times for dinner. Cab drivers are lucky to get even one fare a day :-(
Cozumel Diving with Blue Angel - YouTube

outstanding video! Thank you for sharing your treasures! Best 15 minutes of my day....my breathing even slowed down to the sound of your bubbles! Cozumel is so special to be able to capture such a variety of different fish and creatures all together! I think the only thing missing was squid. Thank you for taking the time to post and give me a dive today!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom