Blu Grotto Rpt ,,57 degrees !

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Johnoly

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Chilly morning of diving at Blue Grotto in Williston Florida at 57 degrees. I'm just glad that's not the water temperature like our northern friends see. It's 72 degrees year-round here. Water hazy from all the massive rains we've had this week but still divable.

As others have mentioned the warning signs are up under water and the ropes have been moved. I'm NACD cave certified so doesn't bother me. Our team is testing about a dozen brand new BCD's For an upcoming magazine article
Roads are jammed for the start of Easter Spring break.

20220408_090716.jpg

{ E D I T T O A D D . . . . . . . . . . . }

Many have not seen the new changes to Blue Grotto in the last couple of months

New Stairs.....(kinda like Enter & Exit but no one does) ....along with the newer floating white dock and dual Tech deco bottle stands so you can stand up in 4 feet of water and EASILY clip on / off your deco bottles with out pinching / puncturing your dry suit. It's very sweet.

20220408_153240.jpg

And also to update,,,,,,,,,,Last week they installed a Software update to the Tesla Battery bank. After 3 days this week of full testing & stressing it,,,,they have been 1 0 0 % O F F G R I D !! Gotta admit that's a pretty nice feature not only for the Green Folks,,,but also all the times they lost power from those huge trees on the roadway dropping powerlines faster than fallen leaves.

20220408_153135.jpg

A Yooper friend of mine is down there right now. Posted on FB this morning you folks were having a cool snap, but it was warm to him and his daughter. 🤣😂

Yooper = resident of Michigan’s Upper Penninsula

Be there Sunday!

I suppose the drunken hoards hit Ginnie beginning about now?

I suppose the drunken hoards hit Ginnie beginning about now?

Surprisingly until this week, Ginnie has been pretty quiet during the week. Last year it was a lot worse.

@Johnoly Is this a working dive? Blue Grotto is certainly a great training location but 1-2 dives and that's enough for me. You certainly don't need any more training! I can only look at tilapia so many times.

{ E D I T T O A D D . . . . . . . . . . . }

Many have not seen the new changes to Blue Grotto in the last couple of months

New Stairs.....(kinda like Enter & Exit but no one does) ....along with the newer floating white dock and dual Tech deco bottle stands so you can stand up in 4 feet of water and EASILY clip on / off your deco bottles with out pinching / puncturing your dry suit. It's very sweet.

20220408_153240.jpg

And also to update,,,,,,,,,,Last week they installed a Software update to the Tesla Battery bank. After 3 days this week of full testing & stressing it,,,,they have been 1 0 0 % O F F G R I D !! Gotta admit that's a pretty nice feature not only for the Green Folks,,,but also all the times they lost power from those huge trees on the roadway dropping powerlines faster than fallen leaves.

20220408_153135.jpg

@Johnoly Is this a working dive?
I've been on the team for gear testing for over 20 years. It's made up of all kinds of divers to give a mix of opinions from different view points. I'm the commercial harvester on the team and I dive way differently. But there are vacation divers, who need tight, light, & strong. And instructors that need intuitively easy setups, and photographers who need pockets, Dry suit guys, cave people, and a bunch of other types. Then the editors assemble all the opinions and usually cross out my cuss words that I wrote down on the review sheet and it goes to print. I'm just one tiny voice out of many testers.

It's volunteer work but I dove gear today that isn't even in the stores yet it's so new. And some of it is really cool that people will love it !!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom