Blowing Stink in Galveston

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dave Dillehay

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Last night a strong norte came through Galveston. Most likely the port is closed tomorrow, Sunday.

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

Last night a strong norte came through Galveston. Most likely the port is closed tomorrow, Sunday.

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers
Maybe not. Here in Austin the wind event was very short lived.

A good number of older fences are down in Houston. Definitely colder windy day.

Never mind. It settled for a while but it's blowing pretty briskly again now.
I think most people here are planning for a big norte tomorrow. I went out and bought (on sale half off at Mega) a long sleeved shirt....

I think most people here are planning for a big norte tomorrow. I went out and bought (on sale half off at Meg) a long sleeved shirt....
Layering is key. :)

Wind was crazy strong out of the north today here in north Texas, with light snow during the night. Pretty miserable out today.

Wind was crazy strong out of the north today here in north Texas, with light snow during the night. Pretty miserable out today.
Luckily for those of us in Austin, it looks like most of the cold will be staying to the north of us. I'm glad I'm not in Nebraska tonight.

Maybe not. Here in Austin the wind event was very short lived.
Long enough to blow half my patio into my pool. High winds suck.

Back
Top Bottom