BlackTip Batteries

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tighten the strap tighter. If you still get water, clean up the o-rings and inspect and silicone lube them. If you still get water inspect the pvc sealing surfaces for imperfections. The water I sometimes get is getting past the first o-ring and is trapped between the two o-rings. I keep after it until it doesn't happen.

After 2 dives, 20V20Ah batteries left 20%. First dive 60 mins at 4th gear, Second dive 50mins at 4th gear and 15 mins at 7 gear then no go, need to switch down to 4th gear.

I ordered two TENMOER 9 Ah batteries from Amazon for mine. 2 pack for $119. I'll post up some reviews after I get them.

12Ah batteries this past weekend. Steady burn for 90 minutes (planned run time). DeWalt’s were still strong showing two full bars per the battery’s illuminated power meter.

I ran mine for a hefty part of my 5 hour dive today and still had 2 bars on the battery and 3 on the scooter. I estimate I mostly used speed two and three and probably was on the trigger for two hours. 12ah dewalts

Hello everyone, I am considering using an electric bike battery for my BT (one pack : 36v 20ah).
As a result, the blue wire which is used to control whether the two usual 18 v PTB packs will become unnecessary.
Would I have to download the latest firmware to turn off voltage monitoring between the two packs?
Thx.

Question: are the two Blacktip batteries wired in series or parallel?

Question: are the two Blacktip batteries wired in series or parallel?
The two PTB (Dewalt, Waitley, etc.) are wired in series. Personally I use Dewalt 12 ah.
But I want to replace this two packs (18v 12ah each) by only one big pack (36v 20ah).

althought, as an e-bike, this shouldn't be an issue..but just to be safe, you might want to check the current rating of the battery to make sure it's fine(again, I can't imagine a 20Ah pack not being able to handle max 24Ah..but better safe then sorry)
Also, how about the weight etc? I saw on the facebook group for divex, Jerry built a custom battery including holder for the BT

Surprised that you don’t see PTB batteries on e-bikes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom