Blackbeard's Trip Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I don't know if any of you have done Blackbeard's but i just went two weeks ago and it was fantastic! I went as a single diver so i was skeptical at first whether or not i would meet any friends but there was never a problem. Quarters are tight which makes for excellent opportunities for making great friends. We put in 21 superb dives over the course of a week. We dove at Bimini, Grand Bahama, Andros and i think that was it. The food was suprisingly excellent. The cook served the meals timely and they were all delicioius..no complaints there. The skipper and crew did an excellent job at checking weather reports daily and they kept us out of the choppy bad weather. If there was weather they kept us on the leeward sides of the islands to keep us out of the heavy wind. Some pros were excellent food, great price, tons of fun, crew knowledge and helpfulness (they help you in and out of the water every time), every fish we caught we ate (had great sushi), we put in 3 dives a day minimum, but most days it was 4 dives.. a few cons, close quarters (but this turned out to be cool because you get to meet a bunch of great divers) ..that's about it really!! has anyone else ever been on Blackbeards?? what did you think of your trip?? what did you like or not like??

Great to hear! I'm leaving for blackbeards June 7th. I'm also going as a single diver and it sounds like I won't have any issues finding someone to dive with. What was the water temp like?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom