Blackbeards Jul 26-Aug 1 Anyone going? Recommend a hotel?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pbowl

Reaction score
My wife, brother, and I will be on the blackbeards trip that week.

I've been with Blackbeards before, but not out of Freeport. We'll be staying one night after the trip in Freeport. Can someone recommend a good hotel to stay at that night? We were looking at Port Lucaya resort....seemed pretty affordable.

Is it August yet??? :)

I stay at Flamingo Bay....From Blackbeard's website, there is a link to several hotels they have deals with. I think my room was $70 a night and the water taxi that takes you around the island is moored right outside.

Did Blackbeards move to a different dock? We stayed at Port Lacaya 2 years ago and we had to take a taxi over to their docks.

Dwight

Sorry, my mistake. from looking at their website I see they are docking elswhere from where I saw them last.

No prob. To the original OP, Port Lucaya Resort is a nice place and plenty of restaurants and nighttime activities next door. Plus they give a "Blackbeards" discount.

Dwight

I'm going on BB's in Sept. I am arriving 1 day early & decided to stay at the Windham Viva Fortuna resort. It is an all inclusive (that way I don't have to worry about drinks, food or entertainment); a little more pricey, but I think it will be worth it for not having to deal with any hassles.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom