Blackbeard's Bahamas May '03 Pics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aggie Diver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Well I finally got around to getting my photos up, the gallery is at
http://scubaclub.tamu.edu/Pictures/bahamas03/index.html

All photos were shot with Olympus C-4040, forced strobe (internal), macro mode.

As this was my first trip out with the Olympus, I'd appreciate any feedback/suggestions, this was my first attempt at taking photos underwater.

Santa has already been told I want an external strobe and arm for Christmas, so he better come through :)

Here's 3 of my favorites:

arrowcraburchin.jpg

nassaugrouper.jpg

octopus.jpg

AD

Very nice pictures. I'm impressed with the variety of different critters you were able to get pictures of. My only suggestion right now is to keep up the good work.

Excellent start. Were you in Program mode?

I found a couple of corrections. The 'spotted eel's' are Goldentail Moray Eels. The scallop is a Rough File Clam.

Picking up and handling the cucumbers and starfish is a big no-no. They may be slow and easy to handle but that doesn't make it alright to do so. Please resist the temptation to do this again.

Thanks Dee.

Yes the whole time was in program. I didn't feel like messing with aperture or anything, just wanted to get a feel for taking photos underwater and the like.

I know I put the wrong label on the spotted golden eels, I forgot to correct those after the fact though.

Thanks for the correction on the star fish/cucumber, I was with a marine biologist, and he was initiating the handling, he's usually pretty good on the whole not disturbing anything that shouldn't be disturbed part, so I figured it was alright.

Looking back I wish I would have done some black and whites too, will have to put that on the list for the next dive trip.

AD

Back
Top Bottom