Blackbeard's Aug 24-30

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

11B3Y

Contributor
Reaction score
Greetings everyone,

I am booked as a single on the Aug 24-30, 2002 Blackbeard dive cruise. Is anyone else from the board booked for the same dates?

I was thinking of getting my AOW certification during the trip; anyone else take a course with Blackbeards? Comments, recommendations, thoughts?

Thanks!!

Thomas
New Jersey

:pirate:

Although, this appears to be a rather aged post, I thought I'd throw in my 2 cents.

I myself am booked for a Blackbeards cruise on July 20th - 26th,
I have never been on their trip before. but through the research that I have done thusfar, If you haven't done so already, I would highly recommend that you contact them direct to confirm the possibility of doing your AOW cert. My experience with all Dive operators that offer continued education, is they advertise or at least mention it in their ads, which they fail to do so. Obviously, they have instructors, because they do mention the resort course availability. I get the impression that they would need advanced arraingements to accommodate you. There is also the factor of the academics, which should be done as homework, prior to the trip.

But, you most likely already know all this, huh?

Hope you enjoy your trip, I know I'm really looking forward to mine!

:bounce:

Yes, I have been thinking about booking one of their trips, too. The price sounds good for what they say u get. I would not want to actually take a class on a vacation, but if the choice is between doing your open water work in a warm location or at home in a cold climate, I guess I see the advantages.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom