Blackbeard 1/4/20 - Just booked

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Glenn Charles

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Thanks to this board and all of the reviews, I have decided to book on the Jan 4 Blackbeard cruise. If anyone else is planning on this trip shoot me a note. Looking forward to the trip.

I just got back from BlackBeards just this past Friday. AMAZING time. You wont be disappointed.
Thanks. Glad you had a good trip. My brother has been twice and was very pleased both times.

I was on the Morning Star. Great boat and crew. The food was out of this world.

Day 1 was a bit slow due to weather. We got 2 nice close by dives in that first day on a wreck. and then we made our way down to the Exumas, and the weather was great every day from there.

We did pig island, which while interesting, was not worth the 4 hour haul down there to see them. Id say its not worth it.

My favorite dives of the week.

We did the Washing Machine, which was fabulous. Its a drift dive thats like riding a scuba diving roller coaster.

Pillar Wall. amazing amazing dige. Huge coral heads, and a TON of predators swiming around. Sharks galore. Barracuda's. Huge Groupers. and an amazing view off the wall into the abyss.

The Shark Feed was of course one of the most anticipated, and it didnt disappoint at all.

Try and avoid getting a bunk in the kitchen imo if you can. :)

The Rum Punch is dangerous.

I also had a great experience on the Morning Star and would definitely go back if I do another Bahama's trip.

Food was not "out of this world". It was tasty, but basic - far better than you should expect, given the price of the trip, the cost of food in the Bahamas, and the size of the kitchen.

Washing machine was awesome, not just for the ride, but the amount of area of the reef you cover. All the dives were great, a wide variety of scenery and animal life. The night dives, to me, were less impressive than the dives during the day, but still worth doing.

You are living on a small boat for a week. In 3 foot waves, it moves enough you can't walk. After the trip, I got the cheapest hotel I could find on Paradise Island, and my room was about the same size as the whole boat - for 20+ guests and crew. I absolutely loved it - being surrounded by the sea and sky every minute you aren't diving is amazing. But I've heard one woman, who went previously, saying it was too rough for girls (we had girls who loved it), and one man, who said he loved the trip, said he'd do the AquaCat next time for more room and a nicer accommodations. Some of our larger divers said they had trouble even getting into the heads and the shower, and several had trouble figuring out how the toilets flush (very simple to me). Know what you are getting - this is not a luxury cruise. You are camping at sea.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom