Black Sea

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pinkone

Reaction score
need some info on black sea diving...will be in bulgaria in sept...anyone been there???water temps...viz....the works!!!

pinkone:
need some info on black sea diving...will be in bulgaria in sept...anyone been there???water temps...viz....the works!!!

There's a few sites on the internet...but you might have to dig to find them. The ones
I saw were all in Ukraine...but someone there(sorry but don't have offhand the link)might direct you... There's a few dive shops and scuba clubs there... I haven't looked at Bulgaria. The visibilty has been described as poor...but there are a few spots..because I've seen some pics. The wreck diving should be interesting ie. one Ukraine scuba club featered some pics where there are about 30 ships together all sunk in the Black Sea by German aircraft in WW2.

thanks...i know there are a few padi dive shops in sunny beach....but i`d like to know what i`m up against!!!before i start packing all that extra gear...

DivesWithTurtle:
You can't dive there. The water is black.

It is not black, it's beautiful blue...just there's no life below 200 meters, so for a diver this doesn't mean anything unless you are planning to take sub trip below 200m
cheers...

in some places it is really black. For example in Odessa - they say it is black, cause locals like to rinse their mouths in the sea %).
//old old joke . Not to be said in front of local women. unless u really want to offend them.

khmm. right. so what was the question? Aha - sites..
Well, when i was young (10ish ) and happy, once I saw a few strange dressed people, putting strange costumes on, big things ( now known to me as "tanks" ) behind their backs and jumping into the water... I have problems recalling seeing them again....

:dazzler1:

All right, all right. Now when i scare the hack out of you guys and you already about to jump to the Caribbean section of the forum - obviously it's my small midnight joke... I guess i have to much shots of tea :wink: tonight.
I know that there was at least on shop in Yalta, Kremia ( or Cremia ), Ua around 2000. I wasn't into diving at that time, so can't really help. What i can do help you with is to
translate your correspondence or short articles if you need that.

I do have to tell you that i did a looooot of snorkeling, and i saw nothing but green-green grass and small fish. But if you are into wrecks.... WoW! i do believe that you might move down there. And if you like subtropical climate combined with warm ( ~30 C temp. ) , no hurricanes, no humidity ( compare to NJ ), beautiful women, great food, interesting history and architecture. Damn, i'm finding urge to take a vacation right now .... Add local winery.... Ok. I'm changing my vacation plans from Carpaty to Crimea.. Still mountains, right ? :)

well, i just realized that I probably hijacked the topic - no more tea

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom