BLACK HILLS SCUBA: My experience

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CAPTAIN SINBAD

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
One of my best online purchase experiences was recently with Scott on this forum from Black Hills scuba www.blackhillsscuba.com

I was looking to buy an Apex XTX50 and posted a question in the apeks forum. That is how I ran into Scott. He answered the warranty related question before Apeks rep. I asked if he was a dealer and what was the best deal he would give for an Apeks XTX50. He was running a Christmas special and offered to free ship an XTX 50 for 300 USD and an Egress Octo for 175. That was 475 for the whole set up! This was the best online deal for an Apeks XTX 50. A day later I got a message from Scott saying that he was giving me additional discount of 20% because there will be a delay in shipping. Do keep in mind that he was paying for free shipping in the first place. When I got my regulator yesterday, he had included an annual service offer for a discounted fee of 45 USD labor.

Black Hills Scuba is now one of my preferred online retailers and I look forward to buying more from them. Scott is extremely knowledgeable when it comes to warranties and technicalities and I would highly recommend him for online purchases.

Regards -

Sinbad

I'm glad your on-line experience was a good one.

My local diver experience was different. About a decade ago, Scott's less than wonderful customer service attitude and crappy store hours were the reason I bought a compressor. Maybe he's improved, maybe he just comes across better on-line, or perhaps on-line sales and dive travel are better niches for him than face to face LDS interactions.

One of my best online purchase experiences was recently with Scott on this forum from Black Hills scuba www.blackhillsscuba.com

I was looking to buy an Apex XTX50 and posted a question in the apeks forum. That is how I ran into Scott. He answered the warranty related question before Apeks rep. I asked if he was a dealer and what was the best deal he would give for an Apeks XTX50. He was running a Christmas special and offered to free ship an XTX 50 for 300 USD and an Egress Octo for 175. That was 475 for the whole set up! This was the best online deal for an Apeks XTX 50. A day later I got a message from Scott saying that he was giving me additional discount of 20% because there will be a delay in shipping. Do keep in mind that he was paying for free shipping in the first place. When I got my regulator yesterday, he had included an annual service offer for a discounted fee of 45 USD labor.

Black Hills Scuba is now one of my preferred online retailers and I look forward to buying more from them. Scott is extremely knowledgeable when it comes to warranties and technicalities and I would highly recommend him for online purchases.

Regards -

Sinbad

Thnx for sharing

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom