Black Friday Gear Package Specials

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Interest rattlesnake not great for you but DIR Direct in UK sells really really good equipment. Whatever you buy there, almost can’t go wrong (and I’m not saying this because Dir is in the name)

The only exception I take with HOG is a lot of their equipment isn't Nitrox ready
I only looked at the HOG D3 manual, but I'm pretty sure that all the HOG regulators are good as-sold for up to 40% nitrox, just like almost every other regulator out there.

The only exception I take with HOG is a lot of their equipment isn't Nitrox ready.

I hadn't heard this; which gear, and what is your basis for thinking that to be the case?

What sort of gear do you want in this package? Have you made any decisions about...

1.) Jacket vs. back-inflate BCD vs. BP/W?

2.) Console vs. wrist puck vs. watch-style air-integrated or not dive computer, & are you willing to pay substantial more to get an easy to use, intuitive graphical interface?

3.) What specific gear items do you already own?

4.) Some things I consider part of an ocean diving that don't always get noted - an SMB, spool or reel, and a cutting tool (I'm fond of the Trilobyte and non-rusting DGX knock-off of it, and rust-proof knives like Spyderco's H1 steel knives and titanium knives; they cost more until I throw away and replace the others due to extensive rust, and cost becomes a longitudinal concern).

5.) Is it at all meaningful for you to have most of your gear from a brand (e.g.: ScubaPro), or are you fine with a 'Franken-rig' (like a lot of people)?

Richard.

I hadn't heard this; which gear, and what is your basis for thinking that to be the case?

What sort of gear do you want in this package? Have you made any decisions about...

1.) Jacket vs. back-inflate BCD vs. BP/W?

2.) Console vs. wrist puck vs. watch-style air-integrated or not dive computer, & are you willing to pay substantial more to get an easy to use, intuitive graphical interface?

3.) What specific gear items do you already own?

4.) Some things I consider part of an ocean diving that don't always get noted - an SMB, spool or reel, and a cutting tool (I'm fond of the Trilobyte and non-rusting DGX knock-off of it, and rust-proof knives like Spyderco's H1 steel knives and titanium knives; they cost more until I throw away and replace the others due to extensive rust, and cost becomes a longitudinal concern).

5.) Is it at all meaningful for you to have most of your gear from a brand (e.g.: ScubaPro), or are you fine with a 'Franken-rig' (like a lot of people)?

Richard.
In have everything except bcd, reg/octo, spg and computer. I'm ok edith either a 2 gauge console with spg/puter or solo spg and wrist computer. I'm more used to the jacket style bcds. I definitely want one with weight integration. I don't care so much about the brand other than I just want it to be a bigger brand so I don't have issues with services. Scuba pro, aqua lung, mares, etc.

I only looked at the HOG D3 manual, but I'm pretty sure that all the HOG regulators are good as-sold for up to 40% nitrox, just like almost every other regulator out there.
I'll have to go back and ask the person that mentioned it to me. Actually I think he was talking about the inflator on the bcd. I'll get more info and post again.

Decide what you are looking for in gear before shopping "sales". IMHO.

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who consider price only are this man's lawful prey."

I work in a field that today is totally dominated by "Sale" prices, and Internet "Bargains". The precaution: Buyer beware is lost on most shoppers

If you know exactly what product you want, then you can begin to compare that product price, and service more wisely with various providers. You will be better prepared to make educated choices when you see truly good offers ( and they are out there) as suggested above.
I am knocking none of the suggestions above, as I have used them myself, when I was sure that they offered something I really needed at a fair price.
Your Best Value is not always the same as the lowest price, or the artificial "deepest discount", seen in nearly every advertisement these daya, if what you end up with is not the best item for your needs, or it is purchased from someone who will not be there when and if you need them for service.

Decide what you are looking for in gear before shopping "sales". IMHO.

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who consider price only are this man's lawful prey."

I work in a field that today is totally dominated by "Sale" prices, and Internet "Bargains". The precaution: Buyer beware is lost on most shoppers

If you know exactly what product you want, then you can begin to compare that product price, and service more wisely with various providers. You will be better prepared to make educated choices when you see truly good offers ( and they are out there) as suggested above.
I am knocking none of the suggestions above, as I have used them myself, when I was sure that they offered something I really needed at a fair price.
Your Best Value is not always the same as the lowest price, or the artificial "deepest discount", seen in nearly every advertisement these daya, if what you end up with is not the best item for your needs, or it is purchased from someone who will not be there when and if you need them for service.
I'm not looking for the cheapest stuff I can find, I'd just buy sea elite if that wad the case, lol... I'm looking for decent gear at a fair price. I'd like to stay under a grand for each set, preferable closer to 900. Just looking for the best gear I can get at the best price I can get it for.

I'm considering the packages because normally one get much better deals when items are packaged together. Keep in mind, I'm buying 2 packages, one for each of us. The only exception I take with HOG is a lot of their equipment isn't Nitrox ready.

According to the HOG manual, they are compatible up to 40% nitrox.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom