Black Friday Gear Package Specials

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

donburde

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Jumped back in with a big splash. I received my PADI OW in 1985 and dove on every occasion I could for 15 years. Pit together a nice set of gear. In 2000, sold most of my gear went off to college, got married, and settled down. Since my wife was not a certified scuba diver, I would make a couple of dives a year at most using rental equipment. Roll forward to 2018. After many years of trying to get her to overcome her fears, she finally decided to take the plunge. SHE LOVED IT and couldn't understand why she waited to long to get certified. When she finished her OW, she asked me if she could go for AOW. I of course jumped on the opportunity and agreed to do it with her. Got nitrox together after that. Then advanced through Rescue Diver with her. We try and dive at least 2 or 3 times a month now and with all of the classes, then basic equipment, then the rentals, I figure it's time to buy all of our own stuff, for both of us. I'm trying to hold out for a (I'm hoping for) Black Friday Sales. Anyone know of and good places to watch for or are black Friday sales uncommon in diving? I'm in south florida but have to issues ordering online and paying freight.

Dive Right in Scuba (my suburban Chicago dive shop) has really good Black Friday online sales.

In fact, if you were looking at Hog, DRIS just posted about early sales on Hog gear.

No packages, but buy what you want and don’t be locked into a package.

Dive Right in Scuba (my suburban Chicago dive shop) has really good Black Friday online sales.

In fact, if you were looking at Hog, DRIS just posted about early sales on Hog gear.

No packages, but buy what you want and don’t be locked into a package.

I'm considering the packages because normally one get much better deals when items are packaged together. Keep in mind, I'm buying 2 packages, one for each of us. The only exception I take with HOG is a lot of their equipment isn't Nitrox ready.

the shops with a larger online presence usually run black friday specials. other than DRIS, scubatoys, leisurepro, and either diver supply or divers direct (I forget which or maybe both) will run a black friday sale usually. deep 6 also has been running a sale every year on their site.

Leisure Pro will have smokin deals.

the shops with a larger online presence usually run black friday specials. other than DRIS, scubatoys, leisurepro, and either diver supply or divers direct (I forget which or maybe both) will run a black friday sale usually. deep 6 also has been running a sale every year on their site.
I have a divers direct brick and mortar about 10 miles from my house. I might go in there and try to beat up a sales person for deep discounts, LOL. I spent the past few years as an automobile negotiator as a side gig, LOL. It cant be worse than that hahaha

Automobile negotiator? Is that a polite way of saying you were a used car salesman? :D

Automobile negotiator? Is that a polite way of saying you were a used car salesman? :D
No,they were mystery shopping assignments. I had to go in and negotiate the best deal I could and leave with written offers in hand for 2 of the 3, cash, lease, finance. I had to negotiate price, interest rates, incentives, free service, tires, rims, tint anything you could think of into the deal. Paid 75 bucks a pop. I got pretty good at it. Helped me a lot when I went out to buy a car for myself. I'm a Senior Electrical Estimator and Project Manager by trade.

Back
Top Bottom