Bio Metal mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

buddhasummer

Down under...
ScubaBoard Supporter
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
After much searching, small face, I think Ive finally found a mask that will fit me and its the Bio Metal mask but I noticed in the same shop they also sold a Bio Metal Pro, can anyone tell me the difference between the Bio Metal and Bio Metal Pro?

Im not interested in the Bio Metal Pro as it didnt fit as well but am curious because it was twice the price and looking at them side by side I couldnt tell except the buckles looked a bit diff....Thanks

Im becoming a big Apollo fan, cool well made gear.:)

After much searching, small face, I think Ive finally found a mask that will fit me and its the Bio Metal mask but I noticed in the same shop they also sold a Bio Metal Pro, can anyone tell me the difference between the Bio Metal and Bio Metal Pro?

Im not interested in the Bio Metal Pro as it didnt fit as well but am curious because it was twice the price and looking at them side by side I couldnt tell except the buckles looked a bit diff....Thanks

The bio-metal pro mask has a polished stainless steel frame with ceramic coating.
The internal volume is 60cc-45% less than the aluminum framed bio-metal mask. This reduction in internal volume results in a substantial increase in viewing angle.

buddhasummer: Here is a bit more info on the newest Apollo mask:

Material: Stainless steel, Polishing, Ceramic coating
• Skirt color: Black
• Anti bacterial treatment and soft silicone skirt
• Lens: 4mm tempered glass lens
• Volume: 60cc –weight 8 ounces

Apollo Sports introduces the new bio-metal pro mask.

Since 1965 Apollo Sports has forged a unique reputation. Apollo creates products using the finest design, the best materials and exacting craftsmanship. Those divers who demand the best, demand Apollo.

The new bio-metal pro mask is the latest addition to this world famous line. The bio-metal pro has a special stainless steel frame polished with ceramic coating.. The stainless steel frame will accept a number of accessory items including specially designed Apollo mask lights.

The bio-metal pro mask is manufactured using the highest-grade soft silicone skirt with a twin-curved rim. This new skirt provides the diver with a snug seal and exceptional comfort.

Strap adjustment is push button controlled for ease of use under any conditions.

Internal volume of the bio-metal pro is 60cc. This great reduction in internal volume moves the lens closer to the divers eyes and produces a field of vision of over 100 degrees.

The Apollo bio-metal pro mask is strong, durable, and very easy to pack. Each mask comes with a padded cordura travel bag with mesh drain panels.

For those who demand the best; serious sport divers, advanced technical divers, Underwater photographers, spear fishermen, instructors, and dive guides, the best mask on the planet is now available:

Apollo bio-metal pro at select retailers only.

Apollo Sports: Dive Gear

Thanks coalcracker. That press release has not yet been sent here in the US.

We expect to have the new bio-metal pro masks in stock in early May. At this point they are special order items with a delivery time of 4-6 weeks.

What size face will the masks fit?

The bio-metal pro mask with the ultra low volume skirt will fit most regular and narrow faces. The pro mask is also available with a wider
115cc volume skirt, the same skirt used on the original bio-metal mask.

buddhasumer: The new bio-metal pro mask, with stainless steel frame and super low volume skirt is now available:
Apollo Sports: Dive Gear: Masks: Bio Metal

Hi All,

Anyone tried the Apollo Bio-Metal Pro versus the Standard

A lot of money..

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom