Bimini

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

IMO, the best diving from Bimini is about an hour's run to the south, in the Cay Cay/Gun Cay area. The featured sites there are Tuna Alley, Victory Reef and Bull Run (a favorite shark-feed spot). The shallower diving closer to South Bimini includes Turtle Rocks and the Sapona wreck (extremely shallow but good for a night dive or with snorkelers). Sites off North Bimini, which are few, include Hawksbill Reef and The Strip. Some might mention "Bimini Road", but I wouldn't waste time or air on that one.

Little Caverns is nice for Caribbean Reef Sharks. The Strip is a fun dive. The Road to Atlantis is not worth diving when there are so many other better sites to dive. Bimini Barge is a fun deeper dive. Don't miss Little Caverns.

IMO, the best diving from Bimini is about an hour's run to the south, in the Cay Cay/Gun Cay area.

I agree with that.... the diving south of Bimini is much better.

not sure any of the dive shops in Bimini run down that far south to dive though...

the Sapona wreck (extremely shallow but good for a night dive or with snorkelers).

I'm not sure that the Sapona would be worth diving, but if you've got your own boat it's good to visit and snorkel around. Also fun to climb up on and jump off of it.

Sites off North Bimini, which are few, include Hawksbill Reef and The Strip. Some might mention "Bimini Road", but I wouldn't waste time or air on that one.

Bimini Road was interesting but again one of those sites that's great if you're own your own boat. I doubt I'd want to do a paid dive excursion day trip to it though. just better sites to dive at.

Bimini is best visited and dove from a private boat or a liveaboard. not through the local dive shop there on the island. (I'm not real fond of the dive shop owner on North Bimini anyway...)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom