Bill Prince

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dean810

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I just heard from another forum that Bill Prince, captain of the Nordic Diver charter, has passed away. My understanding is that it was from a heart attack while he was taking a rebreather course at Lake Wazee. Does anyone else have any information?

From an e-mail I got this morning from someone who knew Bill:

Captain Bill Prince of the Nordic Diver in Milwaukee, Wisc., died on Monday in Lake Wazee in Wisconsin of an apparent heart attack. Bill was doing training dives for a re-breather he recently purchased and at 107' he gave the thumbs up abort signal to his instructor and called the dive. He switched to his bailout bottle at 70' and at 30' went unconscious and unresponsive. Attempts at the surface failed to revive him.
So very sad...

Another tragic loss. Bill was a unique character and someone I was just getting to know. Condolences to all those who are close to him.

Capt Bill was a great guy and will be dearly missed. I enjoyed many a dives over the years with him.

Funeral information can be found on the Nordic Diver website Nordic Diver Home Page, Recreational and Technical Scuba Shipwreck Diving on the Great Lakes. Milwaukee, Lake Michigan, Superor, Huron, Trimix, Nitrox, Car Ferry Milwaukee, Charters, live aboard, Shipwreck

Funeral Services
Saturday, May 24th - Noon to 3p.m.

Burial immediately after at Forest Hill Cemetery

Cress Funeral Home
3610 Speedway Road
Madison, WI
608-238-3434
Cress Funeral and Cremation Service Olson-Holzhuter-Cress Funeral Home Fitch-Lawrence-Sanfillippo-Cress Funeral Home Schroeder-Cress Funeral Home Wisconsin funeral and cremation Wisconsin Dane County funeral McFarland Deerfield Wisconsin Funeral Home

Bill's family invites you to visit
at Bill's home afterwards
1937 Arlington Place

Be safe
Fiona

Back
Top Bottom